Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blogs are out, but people are texting each other.

This blog is something I've wanted to do for a while. I love to write. I love to DIY. And now the two shall become one in this tiny crevice of internet.

So...a little introduction. This is already harder than I thought!  I'm Candace. I have four sometimes lovely children. I absolutely hate all kinds of pizza. And five years ago, my husband and I built a very basic, very affordable house in the burbs. Here she is:



I actually really love my house. When we built, we made sure to choose every architectural upgrade we could--so we've got some nice tall ceilings, pop out windows, and open rooms. 
BUT. The builder only offered one color of granite by way of countertop upgrades, and I wasn't a fan. No tile options. Two paint color options. I'm not kidding, it was bad. 
We went with the lesser of two evils for the paint color because we really didn't want to try and paint 14' ceilings. 
As for the rest..."We can do it ourselves!" we said. "it will be easy and cheap!" we said. 

Five years later and we have done very little. I realized quickly that my husband is not into home improvement projects. It's hard to self motivate when you have no idea what you're doing, and hiring contractors for everything isn't an option. "Hundred House" seemed like an apt description because I feel so overwhelmed by the literally hundreds of projects waiting to be done to made the place mine.

So here I am ready to learn and do most of it myself(eeeeek). I will be sharing my projects here--sometimes with tutorials, sometimes not--because I do a lot of things by the seat of my pants.
So if you are reading this, THANK YOU. I really feel better knowing that someone else is reading my chatter,. Makes me feel like I'm not just babbling to myself like a crazy person!


No comments:

Post a Comment